BTA 0.00% 57.0¢ biota holdings limited

Walrus,Thanks for your compliment. I am sure there are as many...

1. 830 Posts.
    Walrus,
    Thanks for your compliment. I am sure there are as many other HC readers with stronger dislikes for my opinions.
    I do not have too many speculative shares in my portfolio. BTA is as speculative as I get, notwithstanding many here who think of BTA as a bluechip! I will only follow one or 2 speculative shares at any one time & I like to know them well before throwing or waiting to throw some money at it. So far (touch wood) my approach to these speculative shares had made me some money and I have not been caught holding one that went belly up! Many years ago, I followed and posted about CMQ, made money out of it, and followed it for another 2 years to its demise. I believed in the CMQ product but I had great doubts about the management. The CMQ management were the best spinners and dealers I have ever seen and more parasitic than Peter Cook could ever be. CMQ shares attracted an army of believers (including some related to stockbrokers and the company directors) who would spin all the ambiguous announcements and even court rulings.

With companies like BTA & CMQ you are likely to make money trading on an up trending sp and then getting off on the down trend.

Currently I have some money in SDG which you follow. My average entry price is 53cents before the share buyback. I don’t post on SDG as I don’t know the company as well as I know BTA.

I have some money on IVC, TNE & WWA – well run conservative companies, but (IMHO) fully priced (don’t post on these shares). Have some money on financials (albeit only about 20% of what I had a year ago) – waiting to put money back in. I looked at ALZ (AAZPB) as an alternative parking place for my cash but decided it is not for me. Currently had money temporarily parked in WBCPA & AQNHA.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.