GWR 0.00% 8.6¢ gwr group limited

reposted - just to clarify the West Australian articleHi A9XIMO,...

1. 502 Posts.
    reposted - just to clarify the West Australian article

Hi A9X

IMO, the only reason that FAS reached the heights it did in the past, was because Findlay brokers pumped it. The ASX is littered with stocks that have gone through that pump and dump effect. Findlays were the sponsoring broker behind the FAS IPO, and remain as FAS' corporate advisor.

My understanding is that with success in a FAS takeover of GWR, Findlays stand to earn around $4m for their 2% fee, and possibly a nice stack of options too.

Someone else posted this earlier today, from The West Australian, of note:

A follow up to a-yarn last week about Golden West Resources shareholder Vaz Hovanessian, who flew in from Sydney and flamed the iron ore hopefuls board at it's annual meeting last week. GWR is facing a hostile takeover bid from Fairstar Resources, which is being advised by broker Findlay Securities. Sydney-based Hovanessian is a director of the listed investor Broad Investments. Broad was recorded as a top 20 shareholder in Findlay's annual report. Findlay director and Fairstar adviser Robin Armstrong sits on the Broad board. Sydney, too, is a small town.

Findlay Stockbrokers listed on the ASX earlier this year, code FDY.

I wonder if FAS was created by related parties for the sole purpose of picking off the cherry that was GWR? There's no doubt that GWR's iron ore assets are first rate.
    But the lack of resource updates over the last year? or so has been very odd.

Geoff Wedlock is a fantastic acquisition for GWR.

I don't hold GWR, FAS or FDY.

Good luck to holders.

cheers
    Marny

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GWR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.6¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $27.62M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.7¢ 8.7¢ 8.6¢ $18.20K 210.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 109612 8.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.9¢ 1800 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.45pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GWR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.