Which one, page-48

1. 6,876 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 20
    Hi all thanks for some very thoughtful replies and I will admit that when posting these types of diagrams I may not know the correct answer.

So lets look at all this, this is a theory exercise as it is only a drawing not a practical exercise and as Dr. Albert Einstein once quoted: “In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.”

Whether we use water, coffee or red wine it is all liquid and will all find it's own level over time.

We all know that the cups can not be filled internally and the main filler tube has three small pieces missing above tubes 7, 2 and 1.

I think we all agree that the liquid would flow out of the opening above # 2 tube first.

Assuming that the liquid would flow along the top of the tube only as they all might be slightly concaved as with the other two tubes, 7 and 1.

Then it would go down to the end and run off the bit extended off that tube and into # 2 cup.

The others would work in principle the same but would all depend on how much or how fast the liquid would be poured.

Remember this is a theory exercise and the old saying it should've, could've and would've does not apply here.

Thanks again for all the interaction with positive replies for all to enjoy.

One of these days I may make one of the scenarios and just see how right these things work.

Cheers

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.