which provider, page-20

1. 49 Posts.
    Thanks for the reply, crystalvoyager. Good to have others' thoughts.

Your question re my stupid SL reference is fair. I would consider an SL right under a recent low a bit obvious. There is clearly regular and constant cleaning out of SLs by those with the capital to do it, so I try to be sufficient clear of the big swing points by a factor of a couple of day's trading range.

I am probably not so much asking if it is happening but rather ranting at the fact that it is. I don't hold any real regard for the ethics of any operator in the markets (except maybe Alan Kohler).

Timster74's reference to never trading without a GSL is a reasonable and oft repeated caution. My conflict with them is that they are damned expensive and they are a declared SL that seems to be a happy target to be plucked by the provider.

I am now considering this all just another part of the strategic battle that is trading as I am now keeping my SLs to myself and transacting them myself when hit. Demands more vigilance, but unless someone wants to convince me I am a paranoid loon (probably not that hard to do), I guess I gotta do what I gotta do.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.