Thanks for the reply, crystalvoyager. Good to have others'...

1. 49 Posts.
    Thanks for the reply, crystalvoyager. Good to have others' thoughts.

Your question re my stupid SL reference is fair. I would consider an SL right under a recent low a bit obvious. There is clearly regular and constant cleaning out of SLs by those with the capital to do it, so I try to be sufficient clear of the big swing points by a factor of a couple of day's trading range.

I am probably not so much asking if it is happening but rather ranting at the fact that it is. I don't hold any real regard for the ethics of any operator in the markets (except maybe Alan Kohler).

Timster74's reference to never trading without a GSL is a reasonable and oft repeated caution. My conflict with them is that they are damned expensive and they are a declared SL that seems to be a happy target to be plucked by the provider.

I am now considering this all just another part of the strategic battle that is trading as I am now keeping my SLs to myself and transacting them myself when hit. Demands more vigilance, but unless someone wants to convince me I am a paranoid loon (probably not that hard to do), I guess I gotta do what I gotta do.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.