GSL 0.00% 17.0¢ greatcell solar limited

This is what I read in the recent Money Morning newsletter. +1...

1. 130 Posts.
    This is what I read in the recent Money Morning newsletter.

+1 for DYE & +1 for technology sector.

"Energy: Why Your Next Smartphone Will Love The Sun

Sometimes we have those moments where we say to ourselves, ‘Gee, how did we not think of that before?’

It’s usually when we see a great new invention or technology that just seems so simple it’s hard to figure out why it’s so new. Usually it’s the most obvious solution to a problem.

And a small start-up company based in Aix-en-Provence, a lovely little town in the south of France, has come up with one of these moments.

Put yourself in the picture. You’re at a café, or restaurant, outside. Alfresco style. Something many of us enjoy doing when the sun is out and it’s a nice day.

Inevitably at some stage you’ll reach for your phone, check it, and probably leave it on the table face up so you can still see any messages or notifications. Now as you go about reading the paper or having a coffee your phone just sits there close by gathering some rays…and slowly but surely using battery power.

Now, what if the screen on your phone had little solar cells in it, so that when your phone is out in the open it uses solar power to recharge itself? See what I mean about a ‘how did we not think of that before’ moment.

The SunPartner group have devised a way to put little tiny solar cells into the screens of mobile phones. The beauty of it is the cells are invisible thanks to a tricky little (complicated) optical illusion.

The group hope to have their technology rolling out to smartphone manufacturers within the next 12 months.

The number of smartphones sold per year is about 700 million units. With this in mind you can see there’s a fair bit of upside for the SunPartner Group should their technology get widespread approval.

We think it’s a simple yet problem solving solution. Because if you use any kind of smartphone you’ll know that battery life is vital. With solar screens we can use and drain our batteries to our heart’s content knowing the sun will bring it back to life."

Now if SUNPARTNER shakes hands with DYESOL, thoughts anyone?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GSL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.