XJO 0.67% 8,150.0 s&p/asx 200

DHarry,Absolutely correct, except the market can take 10%-20% of...

1. 3,159 Posts.
    DHarry,

Absolutely correct, except the market can take 10%-20% of your wealth in a matter of weeks if you let it. I try not to be fooled into any absolutes about better or worse. It’s all about the point in time and avoiding losing what I have.

"In Cash" is more about mitigating risk. It's never black and white. In the markets or out of the markets. For me it’s about, how long, how short, how neutral.

If you are still fully exposed to the market today (As in all base outlay, plus profits, plus still shovelling more cash in) then you are setting yourself up for trouble... Particularly if you are heavy in something like JBH.

If the market does turn suddenly, how many of the new investors of 2009 will be able to pull the sell trigger or be stuck like a deer in the headlights...? I know a couple of younger guys who are feeling pretty good this year, first year in the markets, can’t lose. I keep saying, prepare thy self for the "Baptism of Fire". Unfortunately, this is how markets work.

Just my 2c anyway :)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.