LYC 0.48% $6.26 lynas rare earths limited

which way ta, page-7

1. 1,854 Posts.
    Nice chart, mitta.

Very telling.

Now I am not a fundamental analyst, but if you were to cast your eye over to the inner sections of China's manufacturing plants you'd find a lot of Japanese right about now.

In fact, you'd find 30% more Japanese manufacturing is going on in China than this time last year of the super magnets necessary for all sorts of things (laptops, cell phones, electric car batteries).

The main ingredient to super mags is Neodymium oxide, which has rocketed from an av price of $27 a kilogram in 2008 to a street price in China of $217/kg. Elsewhere in the world you can get your neodyox for a cool $370/kg.

So say Yuko Inoue and Julie Gordon in today's IHT, page 16, far right column.

What does LYC hope to do with its rare earths? Sell them to Japanese manufacturers of course, but they are clever little fellows, the Japanese (not clever enough to avoid Cesium leaking into the earth at Fukushima where the situ is worse than ever and morphing into an even grimmer reality by the day, if at all that's possible), which is why they are moving their production to China.

The outsourcing of manufacturing in Japan is something to behold. Notwithstanding this troubling fact, LYC's current share price is not only languishing but TELLING YOU SOMETHING well in advance of all this fundamental information.

Sorry, but I concur with "the mitt".

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.26
Change
-0.030(0.48%)
Mkt cap ! $5.851B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.29 $6.30 $6.24 $12.71M 2.028M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 13629 $6.25

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.27 9053 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.