KAR 4.67% $1.53 karoon energy ltd

while we wait

1. Ya
    6,809 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3829
    COP release their Q2 earning report tonite, chaps. Should b available frm their website at some stage 2morrow.

Hope to hear Jim's comments abt Oz. Most likely after this, Karoon will release their own Q2 presentation by nxt week.

For now, we already know these wells will come online by 2014 as part of the bigger picture. So should b interesting to hear the future drilling plan for other wells in the area.

Apart frm that, nothing much to say on the technicalities. They must have finished the 17.5" hole, cased it & perhaps pressure testing it b4 moving on to the 12.25" section. Just another boring top hole drilling. More frm me after we get past 3500m. Until then, same old same old :)

Saw the usual prft taking with the SPP & the usual dooms day forecasting.

One piece of bad news though (not for Karoon, so relax). Someone asked me this query last week on Brecknock-4. Well, Brk #4 is part of another statistic for now. It was a dry hole & was plugged & suspend by the JV. It TD'd at 3971m, was drilled by the TOL in May, before the rig went back to Malaysia. That's none of our concerns as its in another block/field, miles off frm Poseidon or KT, belonging to WPL.

For now what happens on KT, matters more to the SP, mid-long term, whatever b y'r strategy. So hang on.

cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KAR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.