Reply to your comments "When the GST was introduced there was...

1. 722 Posts.
    Reply to your comments
    "When the GST was introduced there was much doom and gloom about this new tax- yet after a number of years it is accepted way of life with no party wanting to get rid of it.
    Similar situation with new mining tax- it will be modified - but a tax will be levied- and we will move on."

What a load of nonsense. You comments are from someone who doesnt work in resources. Clearly you hadnt been through the last downturn OH by the way it was for 12yrs in WA, before the boom of 6 years. Let me remember, was there a project in those 12 years, yes one for a small nickel mine of 4 months building.
    When the resource companies stop building, there will be no jobs,no business for the supporting companies, it has a massive flow ON effect to local business. I lived the last tough times, I listen to the old folks who went through the toughest, and they see this one as the worst to come.
    Now we have had massive immigration courtesy to the wa govt and the federal advertising overseas for shortage in people. What a load of nonsense. Oh how quiet are the govt now we dont have a skilled shortgage.It was only 2 months ago wa stats proudly showing the industry employed on all new projects up to 250,000 construction (men) 9000 (women). Remember these jobs are during construction only once construction is finished all these people become unemployed. Now stop and think for a moment when will these projects be complete. Not that long to go. IF resource companies refuse to build new projects, what will happen to all those blue and white collar people, what will happen to all those supporting business. All those people who had income and spend in perth and everywhere else stops.
    All I keep remember?ng When resources stoped like it did 12years ago.
    You really dont know what devestational impact this will bring, we know it from our view,we heavily rely on these resource companies to keep building and keep growing so they keep employing, keep in mind if we are gravely concerned, you shou. Keep in mind if we go down, the eastern states wont be immune, the flow on effect will be massive.

Oh did you get a hand out of coutesy of Kevin Rudd, my husband and I didnt. We where working our guts out for all the bludgers of this country.
    All I see is Mr Kevin Rudd a hater of the resource sector, he doesnt see how we live as families separated from our husbands for 4 weeks at a time. He doesnt know how in the early years we didnt see our husbands for months on end.
    Kevin Rudd hasnt got a an idea of what is really hard work.
    Kevin Rudd hurts the hardest workers of this country, yet he taxes them the highest, and doesnt give a damn of the sacrifices we have to take.
    NOTHING IS THAT SIMPLE MATE, ASK THE REAL WORKERS AND THEIR FAMILIES HOW WE FEEL.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.