White violent thugs?, page-73

1. 2,384 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 329
    I don't have the statistics on me, but I have no doubt at all that more domestic violence incidents are committed by white males than any other ethnic or racial group in Australia. No doubt whatsoever, and the proportion I expect would be overwhelming in pure number terms, if not propensity.

The aim of these types of campaigns is to ask the viewer, "Is this ad talking to YOU?". It makes good economic sense to target the most people for the least amount of expenditure.

When you watched the tradie ad where the dude runs off the road and kills himself and his buddy because he got behind the wheel tired, do you instantly (as a tradie) feel offended because the ad implies that all tradies are mindless idiots? I think not, as only an idiot would.

If you are personally feeling put under the microscope by this ad campaign, then it is doing its job. Surely you can carry this small burden of victimhood so that a strong message of anti-violence can be spread among the community? Or, is that too great a burden for you to bear?

By the by, the child in the ad posted was well chosen, I don't think you can tell immediately his ethnic origins, even if you can dismiss several. I presume that was the reason for the choice.

"Please give us ANY example of an Australian having to jump a race hurdle? Just one. Any will do"

......only a dumb male would need to ask this. All dumb males, not just white ones. There, consider yourself integrated.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.