AMI 5.13% 20.5¢ aurelia metals limited

I do apologise for perhaps being somewhat slack in asking this...

1. 110 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 44
    I do apologise for perhaps being somewhat slack in asking this question and demonstrating once again some rather substantial ignorance in this domain....

Could anybody please perhaps shed a little more insight into exactly what the $45-$50m sustaining capex scheduled to be spent this FY really represents? It was mentioned in the Oct 19 Investor Presentation and to me the novice mining investor this really does represent in the scheme of things a very large capital outlay on AMI's behalf. I'm not sure if anybody has ever really drawn any commentary on the profitability of mining at greater depths as I suspect AMI is required to do at both Peak and Hera. The nature of the Cobar deposit from my very basic understanding is that it's quite narrow but very deep. I would suspect that this makes mining considerably more expensive!

From what little I'm reading it seems that the sunstaining capex is primarily being spent on the Peak mine with increased underground development rates and mining the up-dop of Chronos.Just out of curiosity would the expenditure on security water for the mines be thrown under this heading do you think?

In dollar terms the outlay seems extremely large. It easily wipes out the ENTIRE FY18 NPAT and then some! Being lazy here and not going back and checking the historical sustaining capex spend of AMI.... yet I suspect a few posters here might have something to say..... hopefully.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AMI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
20.5¢
Change
0.010(5.13%)
Mkt cap ! $338.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
19.0¢ 20.5¢ 19.0¢ $1.304M 6.510M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
30 901984 20.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
20.5¢ 894977 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.51pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AMI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.