FFX 0.00% 20.0¢ firefinch limited

Who’s buying and selling, page-1620

1. 8,885 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8149
    We were never getting the cash into the JV company until after approvals, as has been mentioned a few times. This will be 'sometime' (hopefully) in the December quarter.

Given Ganfeng's apparent willingness to speed up everything, it should be no problem happening.

Looking at the bigger picture, I'm wondering if this deal and the desire to move quickly has some political agendas attached. Australia being on the nose in China's eyes, getting as much SC6 from Africa/Mali ASAP might be an appropriate way to diminish Australia's power on lithium production.

Given 7 months until the demerger, with Firefinch shareholders getting free shares and opportunities to buy Newco, then purchasing as much of FFX from China's perspective would be the correct play. But there is no rush as they have 7 months, hence the withdrawal of all the large bids today to allow the price to come back a bit for accumulation.

Last week's run up on big volume was very telling of accumulation, but today before the fall, we ran out of large sell orders, so the only play for large holders in accumulation mode is to sell some stock and withdraw all bids, allowing the price to fall while a lot of retail shareholders get confused and panic sell. Do this for a period of time, allowing the sell side to build, before going on a buying spree again.

On charts we get the classic spike up, and quick retracement into a consolidation period, before the next spike up, rinse and repeat for months for stocks that are in full bullish mode. Have a look at the chart over the last year, spike up, sharp pull back, spike up, repeat, repeat, repeat.
    It's the fast pull backs/retracements that makes retail nervous and sell too early.

All this is easily seen in some 'changes of substantial holder notices' on a variety of stocks that list all the trades. You can see lots of times buying, but also a lot of selling despite an overall increase in shareholding. It pays to study this stuff, and compare the days of buying and selling with what's happening on the chart. Instos often 'paint the picture' of a chart over weeks and months

Here we have Chinese intos IMHO and I've seen this type of play before, where major Chinese companies become large shareholders up to whatever limit, then 'other' Chinese 'names' just happen to turn up on the top shareholder lists, until they really do have a large percentage of the company, but all below whatever legal limits. I've even seen this happen where the company eventually went bust.

I'm finding today's action extremely bullish, though there might be further pull back over the next few days/weeks, until the next spike up. It all makes sense in how to accumulate a lot of stock, as cheaply as possible.

Of course all IMHO (and experience).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FFX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.