The children of bread-earners whose jobs the Labor government is...

1. 36,517 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1

The children of bread-earners whose jobs the Labor government is working to save will not agree with this "the next generation will have to pay for this debts", unless they are so selfish that they don't have the welfare of their parents at heart.

The children of small businesses whose businesses the Labor government is trying to save will not agree with this "the next generation will have to pay for this debts", unless they are so selfish that they don't have the welfare of their parents at heart.

In the present circumstance, there is no other way to fund such big government economic projects except by debts.

It really is a philosophical difference :

(1) do we allow the "free market" to sort the mess out with the resulting social pains, particularly those who will suffer because of others' greed that has caused this destruction of economic values, and for some the loss of their lifelihood ?

or

(2) we, as a society, collectively (via the government of the day) try to solve the problems so that there is something at least for the present and equally importantly for the next generation.

I know, for myself, I will vote for (2).

How are we going to try to cushion the pains of what are coming ? The Labor government has progressively over the months laid out its plans. Let us hear from the Liberal opposition of its plans.

A time likes this calls for imagination and creative minds to work out what will work best for the country, but one thing I am sure of, it is that there is no easy and painless solution.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.