ELE 0.00% 0.5¢ elmore ltd

who are the podars ?, page-3

1. 227 Posts.
    Was wondering where I saw that name before, so while I continue a little research into the prospects here I thought to post this.

3rd page of the announcement released on May 7 talks about them.

Natural Resources Consulting Pvt. Ltd (NRC Natural Resources Consulting Pvt. Ltd (NRC)is a newly incorporated company promoted by Podar Enterprise specializing in entire consulting activities right from identification of resources, technological due diligence, legal due diligence, feasibility study, negotiations, application for mining liaison, follow up for mining license and finalization, post acquisition activities management and finance tie ups. Apart from its in-depth knowledge and contacts in India, it has strategic alliance in CIS, South Africa, Australia, Suriname and China; offering huge resource opportunities in Coal, Iron ore, Manganese, Bauxite, Gold etc.

Podar Group of India A group established in 1909 having wide experience of Industry and Trade for 100 years. A well diversified organization with activities of Government Trade Houses, International Divisions, Information, Communication and Entertainment, Mining & Manufacturing, Advisory & Consulting and Sports Education.A group that has three Companies / firms which are the official Trade Houses for the Governments - Moscow Regional Administration, Republic of Belarus and Republic of Benin.

BPIL - Belarus Podar International Limited (1997)
    MRPIL - Moscow Region Podar International Limited (1999)
    IBECC - Indo Benin Economic Corporation & Co. (2004)
    The Moscow Regional Administration not only agreed to take up equity in the company and appointed the Honorable Minister of Foreign Economic Relations on the Board of the Company.

A group which has successfully established a global network in over 18 countries giving it access to unlimited trade, investment and joint venture opportunities.
    A group whose Chairman Mr. Kantikumar R. Podar is placed in “who’s who in India” being the First Indian President of the SAARC (South Asian Association for Regional Co-operation) Chamber of Commerce. He was also the Chairman / President of various Chambers of Commerce and Trade including the Premier Chamber i.e. Federation of Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industries (FICCI).
    A group whose Managing Director Mr. Rajiv K. Podar was delegated rights by the Ministry of Foreign Economic Relations of the Republic of Belarus and by the Ministry of Industry, Trade and Employment Promotion of Republic of Benin to negotiate any matter concerning expanding and deepening the trade & economic relations with India. He also holds authorization / rights of several other concerns, enterprises.

A group committed to charity and the society having over 37 charitable schools, colleges, management institutes, hospitals, vocational training centers etc. in India. Mahatma Gandhi, Father of the Nation, was the first Chairman Trustee of the Trust established by Podars in the year 1921.

Products group interested / dealing in: Coal, Coke, Fertilizers, Non-Ferrous Metals, Steel, Iron Ore, Manganese, Oil & Oil products, Food products, Textiles, Fabrics, Yarns, Petrochemicals, Construction Material, Wireless Equipments and Electronics.

Can this type of trading continue on NSL since there is still 3 full trading weeks until the next announcement? Surely not, surely this burst of activity was merely the result of some HC chatter and a quick reflection on what the SP did last year.
    My view is the brew NSL is concocting now appears more prudent, from as much as I have read so far in any case.

September 12 looks like the next big milestone date, as the finalisation of funding lands and maybe the Podars are a player here. But from this sippet it looks more like Chinese will become involved. Maybe even better now that RIO Tinto has shakey relations in this area.

Fund Raising Update
    The Managing Director, Mr Cedric Goode recently returned from a seven day visit to China, where he met with several Steel Mills and Iron Ore traders to discuss funding and off-take scenarios. The outcomes of these meeting continue to be very encouraging with discussion now focussed on those organisations that have expressed a strong interest in supporting the NSL India strategy.
    In parallel to the above, several discussions within India have revealed organisations keenly interested in supporting the NSL strategy and providing project funding to NSL (both purchase price and working capital).
    NSL’s preferred approach is to debt fund the project costs (to the extent feasible) so as to not dilute the interests of shareholders unnecessarily.
    Funding discussions will continue over the coming months in line with the updated timeline.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ELE (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.