PLS 1.04% $2.85 pilbara minerals limited

WHO are theses selling today, page-135

1. 3,560 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 413
    Good genuine educative posts from @madamswer and @tutor

In my opinion, shorters exaggerate both the rise and falls of stocks that they dabble in, so there is a lot more volume and volatility than there would have been without their involvement.

For investors, that can be a good thing if you are not a short termer but in for the long haul. It allows you to pick up shares on the cheap from the increased volume and volatility.

However if you’re a short termer, it could be to your detriment too (i.e. if you need to sell to realise funds due to some emergency). The equity market should not be used if you think you’ll need the money soon - this is a dangerous thing to do.

All in all, very happy to have learnt more about the very murky and cloudy world of shortselling. No one really talks about these things because of the backlash from the everyday posters here. Perhaps it would be better received on other forums, but not the ramp-happy HC forum. Interesting to know that there is such a thing as ASLA (and that ANZ and WBC are not part of it but my main broker CommSec is). Also interesting to note after a few posts someone said (was it h00ts?) that it doesn’t matter because those not in the ASLA list like ANZ and WBC can easily partner up with an ASLA member or two or more to lend out their shares anyway!

For what it’s worth, I’m appreciative of a good discussion and insights into the darker pools of the sharemarket. You have my thanks!

It is also very interesting to see the various responses from everyday posters on shortselling. Intriguing!

Also for what it’s worth, around 15% of my not insignificant portfolio wealth is in PLS. My average price is about $0.90 and I’m looking to buy more in any further weakness. Love the story of this stock and I can’t wait to see this stock start with a $1 or $2. Obviously shortselling is simply one of the many market participants and I intend to benefit from their involvement by timing my buys during a big swing down. Good day to everyone!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.85
Change
-0.030(1.04%)
Mkt cap ! $8.582B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.87 $2.89 $2.82 $51.48M 18.09M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 6942 $2.84

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.85 129885 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.