Who causes inflation?, page-96

1. 84,236 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    '' but only with independent MPs will this really be achieved.''

I'll keep this separate because I understand that you didn't like it when I said to you -

how is it possible if you got all representatives who were independents?

how could a government form? how could an opposition form?

and if that's not bad enough - how would a Prime Minister be chosen?

now - I think you may do well to look right now to France - what is happening

well, what the end result is atm is that France cannot choose a Prime Minister

and that's not even with a large number of independents - that's with a rough coalition of left leaning parties, a far right party, a right leaning Macron party, a few extreme small parties and the odd independent

with all of that - they can't find a Prime Minister to put up for the President to accept. Or the President isn't game to make a permanent choice because he'll have a timebomb on his hands.

I understand your desire for independents - and I think in some situations - it is and atm very useful, there are some wonderful members and IMO - 'mostly' the independents are of a higher quality than others

BUT - it's just not a workable answer for a replacement for party politics -

NOT under the election system.

In a different system, sortition possibly - yes, I can see it working - but, if there were a 'leader' as such --------- it would probably be some kind of mainly or all - non political office -

perhaps given a deciding vote if the rest of the government was 50/50 on a law being passed - then, the 'whatever we want to call them' - would have a decision making vote

but, as the system we have atm ------- I don't think that having a very large - majority number of independents could work

even take - say independents had 80% of the seats - and a party had 20% of the seats

that would mean that the 20% mob would have to get agreement from 31% of independents to support them -

a government could be formed - but, what one would have then, is a party who is really a small amount of people - would form the government -

that doesn't sound right

And if independents were very high - say 95% of the parliament - then, how could they possibly form government?

well, they would have to come together as a group to support each other - and as soon as they do that ----------- is that not a 'party' - be it informal or not?

Take a look at France atm - extrapolate it to if it were large numbers of independents --------------- depending on one's way of description - it's either 'very complicated' or 'a bloody nightmare'

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.