About 15 yrs ago I went to vote and saw a party called 'Abolish...

1. 173 Posts.
    About 15 yrs ago I went to vote and saw a party called 'Abolish State Govt', so I (unexpectedly) gave them my vote, given it struck me it was a worthy ideal.
    Bring the party back -we only need two tiers of govt -a 'local' one (which have seen major amalgamations over recent years) and a Commonwealth govt. I'm sure the 'pools of ignorance' state politicians will be able to get jobs collecting trolleys or something similar with their skills of 'spin'.
    State govt is (in the modern world for Australia) unnecessary, and I see no advantage to keeping it given cost:benefit.
    We could finance local councils far more extensively to do what it is they do, so to for Commonwealth. I see it as an impediment (state govts) to consistent educational standards across Australia, roads, transport, medicine, every single aspect of what the state govt does is just extra pigs at the trough of taxpayers money.
    Can anyone please point out where/why state govt is still needed and justifies it's expense? It is an obsolete model from a past age, and moreso with every day that passes.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.