BON bonaparte diamond mines nl

who else will accept?, page-11

1. 9,312 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1120
    I agree with Rod. I can't see that any of MAK's prospects are encouraging of long term value. All of them seem to have been picked up cheap as unviable discards from other companies at long term price levels. In other words they all seem to require well above average commodity prices to be viable. This is true also of Wonarah with the exception that the more recent discovery of potential for DSO has elevated it above their other prospects. However the DSO is like the fruit in a plum pudding, once you remove the sweet bits it's just flour so I think they will need a good quantity of DSO to have a decent safe mine life. With RP prices still trending down the market is needing a lot of convincing about viability of Wonarah.

It is fair to say that Meob and Sandpiper were also discards like but they have the advantage that there is much greater scope for technology advances to reduce cost, from what is already looking like a pretty competitive cost basis, combined with a geologically simple deposit - not much complexity about uncompacted sediment! I don't think it is unreasonable to suggest that Meob/Sandpiper are more prospective at current RP levels. It was well calculated by MAK to move when they did even if they didn't get all aspects right in their conduct of the takeover.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BON (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.