donuts,I do not fear an ID card, where an ID card's:- usage....

1. 1,477 Posts.
    donuts,
    I do not fear an ID card, where an ID card's:
    - usage. intended or otherwise,
    - penalties for non-compliance, both legal and other,
    - type of data collected,
    - method of data collection,
    - data storage methods and location,
    - verification of correctness and validity, and update frequency,
    - time length of storage, whole life, generational etc,
    - access to is restricted by law to really need to know cases
    - data is not on-sold for marketing/other purposes
    - data is not shared with foreign governments
    - data is not shared without my approval with potential employers/educational institutions,insurance companies,medical, investigative agencies, banks, credit checking agancies, home rental agencies, credit card companies, family and all other legal courts and many others.
    -data is not sent to outsourcing companies where govt can claim they were no longer in control of the data and so not their responsibility if somethin unexpected happens

- and many many, many, more restrictions that I cany be bothered to put down write now,

are very clearly defined and outlined by a set of laws with very real and dangerous teeth.

I dont have an interest to give a blank check to any government agency and trust that they will look after my best interests, but of course when I understand quite well how they are going to do it, I will probably be quite happy to go along with it. I cant say right now, but I am interested to listen.

It is not a matter of being afraid of an ID card system, it is being cautious of the potential for abuse of very valuable information.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.