who has financial planner - concerns..., page-3

1. RRM
    726 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    Most financial planners are nothing more than salesman. Rather, setup a trading account with a professional investment adviser I reckon. I have been looking into several recently. I want someone that runs sophisticated trading software that deals with me daily to recommend where the portfolio should be moved and sets tight stop losses and generates long and short strategies as well as ETFs.

Most the financial planners I have dealt with are simply salesman with poor experience. Most of them are servicing many accounts and do not give you the time needed. Only deal with someone that you can call up daily that can trade you around the place. Hard to find unless you have a good chunk of cash.

Until then, you will have to go into the rotten Mutual Funds and Superannuation funds. They are the pits - since the so called experts who manage these funds full time for a living have allowed for them to capitulate. However for now, I would be tempted to stay in cash.

I reckon most of us could have done a better job on a diversified portfolio than some of the fund managers out there. Pathetic to say the least. When things went south, where were the advisers to shift our funds to cash, and why did the not stop loss out of the given funds. Instead, they let the crash and burn and then harp on about dollar cost averaging.

My opinions only.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.