FMG 2.64% $17.70 fortescue ltd

Wheredegone, I don't trade, if I can help it.As I only put money...

1. 24,386 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 176
    Wheredegone, I don't trade, if I can help it.

As I only put money in shares that I can afford to leave there, 99% of the time and even more, I buy and put away for the long term. I take advantage of the Capital Gains Tax provision in that way, if you hold for 12 months or longer.

I posted in other places that I still own the first lot of CBA shares that I purchased during the float at around the $5.00 mark, and they pay me hefty dividends and at the same time I accumulate share price values.

Matter of fact the only time I sold some CBA shares, was during the buy backs which gave us good fully franked dividends.

I still own many many thousands indeed and, if I would have sold them, Yes, I would have made a quick buck, pay tax on it but, most importantly I would not have any of them left. The amount of dividends I get each year, and growing mind you, is more than 50% of my initial outlay and it will continue to grow Without risk mind you, so, why sell???

As for CDU, I follow the same plan. Buy and put away.

If I would have sold at $10.00 (by the way I was away when they hit the $10.00), nearly $5.00 would have been tax. So, why sell??

I am hoping that CDU will be the next FMG and it is my positive belief, that this could be the case.

Currently I am holding about 170,000 CDU and maybe a few more, and I will continue to accumulate at every opportunity.

If it happens good luck to me, it will be like winning the Jackpot, if it doesn't such is life my friend.

How many times have you read from posters that sold before the share price skyrocketed, and then say I wish I din't sell?? Once you sold, the chance to be in for the ride, it's gone.

EACH TO HIS OWN.

Buddy

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$17.70
Change
-0.480(2.64%)
Mkt cap ! $54.49B
Open High Low Value Volume
$18.20 $18.25 $17.70 $231.4M 12.88M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 90028 $17.69

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$17.71 12000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.