LVT 0.00% 0.6¢ livetiles limited

The next 3 quarterlies (October, January and April) are going to...

1. 1,809 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    The next 3 quarterlies (October, January and April) are going to be the decision-makers for me. I've been invested with LVT for a few years now and the ability of leadership and board to strategise and execute has been poor, to say the least. I've learned my lesson in other similar cases and cut losses, reinvesting capital elsewhere and recouping losses/turning a profit. LVT however has held out the hint of promise for me as it creeps closer to cashflow profitability and so I have treated it as an exception to the trading and investing rules I've learned and applied to my portfolio.

I appreciate that the recent declaration of direction requires time to distil from strategy into operational execution; no battle plan survives first contact with the enemy, and no business strategy survives first contact with the real world. But for me to remain invested, I will have to see LVT management demonstrate that they have an operational handle on their business. For me that means a capacity to control expenses against revenue and achieve profitability. Even if it is just $1's worth of honest profit (not artifically created by exchange rate fluctuations).

The latitude to play with other people's money has now evaporated in my view, especially given the legal shenanigans earlier this year. LVT needs to demonstrate how it will provide a return on the faith and forebearance offered by its investors to date. If it can't do that with a first step (breakeven) inside the next 6 months, managemetn needs to be honest with both themselves, and their investors, and step away.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LVT (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.