BBG 0.00% $1.05 billabong international limited

who is buying? , page-27

1. 26,536 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 326
    Thanks Warnie, yes I did make quite a bit in that $1.70-$2.05 range (and now giving most of it back).

When the 2nd bid came from TPG at $3.30 and Gordo the bananna (in hindsight) knocked it back to the detriment of shareholders and where we find the sp today at a bloody joke of 22c. Obviously the board and shareholders didnt have the muscle to overrule Gordon's decision. Anyway Gordon was already sitting pretty with his other investments (see this year's Top 100 BRW Magazine), so he was in no hurry or desperate to sell his stake for under $4.

http://www.brw.com.au/p/business/billabong_investors_shouldn_forget_WPhEQzP5YGKo8d9rrN1QOI

Fast forward 15 mths later and Gordon was happy to roll over his stake into Sycamore for a whopping 60c !!!

And around that time (Feb 2012), I also recall the AFR Street Talk printing an article and mind you this is the only time I can remember they screwed up with their information, saying that BBG was on the verge of announcing a cap raising, this is when the sp was sitting at $1.80ish.

24hrs later, ann out comes that TPG have made a $3 offer for BBG - easy money from $1.80.

Thanks for coming.

BTW, anyone see Tanofta's chart from yesterday on the thread ?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BBG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.