TAH 2.11% 46.5¢ tabcorp holdings limited

I think the problem is Link Market processing system, either...

1. 10,465 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 88

I think the problem is Link Market processing system, either there is a glitch or it is programming error when it comes to unfranked dividends.

So far I have had discussions with 3 staff members, all claim they haven’t got my TFN and that is the reason for the withholding tax.
    I tried to explain to them that the franked dividends that I received in Sept 23 and Mar 24 had no withholding tax taken out.

From my understanding of the tax rule is that if they weren’t in procession of my TFN, w/tax would have been deducted from the franked dividends.

I got annoyed and suggested that they need to look at the ATO website when w/tax is deducted from income.

Does Link Market have overseas staff catering for Australia…two sounded like Asians and the third sounded like from the Sub Continent.

All this technology has made dealing with a simple problem even more difficult and longer than when we lacked computers etc.

The worse thing, I used to work on this type of technology, and now I hate and don’t trust it anymore!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TAH (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.