LYC 0.90% $7.70 lynas rare earths limited

who is fooling who ?, page-28

1. 1,118 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    i disagree with the 'almost certain continued share price appreciation'. it's not just the malaysian issues that have pummeled this stock, it's the falling rare earths prices. look at the charts for ARU, ALK, GGG, PEK.

news like the recent seems to me to be almost certain to be a case of 'buy the rumour sell the fact', as i said earlier.

look at the chart for the S&P500. the day after QE3 was announced was the high in the market. it has fallen ever since, even in the face of the Fed printing $40B a month to buy mortgage back securities, which the banks then use to buy government debt... and the market has still fallen. it's 'buy the rumour sell the fact'.

even from a technical analysis perspective, the gap fill at 84.5c would be massive resistance. look at the way the price has responded to the massive gaps going back to early september...

even if there has been any wrongdoing, which nobody has provided what is to me concrete evidence or even reasonable evidence, then nothing is going to be done about it anyway. it's just a fact of life of the stockmarket. get used to it. there are crooks in the game as there are in any other. ASX and ASIC are going to do nothing about it. that'd be like the police busting every jay-walker. never going to happen.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.70
Change
-0.070(0.90%)
Mkt cap ! $7.197B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.63 $7.72 $7.57 $17.44M 2.316M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 482 $7.69

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.70 6582 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.