who is god ? , page-15

1. 6,711 Posts.
    leonidis the Spartan

Mother Nature is a lovely earth homily but what does it mean? Mother Nature, Tooth Fairy, Sandman, Heavenly Father.

You describe Mother Nature as perhaps the Gaia principle. I don't see how the Creative Essence can be replaced by a concept of a Mother Nature and all is well. Are you using this name as a cover-all description of a self-fulfilling, self-motivating system. By what will does existence drive itself? Okay, I'm a single celled organism today but tomorrow I think I'll become a dinosaur. Surely there has to be a preordained will acting upon, well, everything.

Then how does chaos create order. Nothing evolves just because it wants too, or because certain environmental pressure enact change. The potential has to be already present. The capacity for change is inbuilt into every vibrating atom.

We have polluted the notion of God to the point where I shudder every time I have to use that word to describe that which is beyond description.

Yes, all religions eventually decompose into products of our imagination, but in their divine moment they transform the people they touch. Raising up societies with qualities that did not previously exist. You're looking at the end-game and declaring religion invalid.

Yes we have created god, for the most part. All our institutions corrupt over time and need to be replaced. But out and beyond all the rubbish is the fact that chaos can never create order, and the order is profound and requires a profound answer.

A Grand Something by its Will is projecting the most perfect order and dragging us from the mud into consciousness and then on a grand journey of self-discovery. We are moving towards perfection, baby step after baby step. From tiny family groups to connected family groups, from villages to cities, from cities to states, from states to nations, from nations to global village. We are at the adolescent stage of our development and as is the nature of the adolescent, we are causing ourselves inordinate grief.

'We have the stuff of God in us.' There can be no doubt. We are also filled with our animal nature as well, darkness and light. Darkness is leading on points at the moment.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.