RXM 0.00% 46.0¢ rex minerals limited

Who is going to get a bargain!, page-515

1. 136 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 40
    The current state government appears to be intent on building a hydrogen factory, and doesn't seem to currently have a good purpose for it, so it feels speculative to me. If a smelter would benefit from large quantities of hydrogen then they would support each other's existence.

Goyder South is a wind farm currently under construction, but only called "stage 1" and intended to have more stages, solar and battery storage. At the moment, further development seems to be conditional on a market in NSW for the electricity. There is also a wind farm proposal called Ceres on Yorke Peninsula not far from Hillside. I thought it must be dead, but apparently the developer is dead and the project has new ownership and plans for an updated planning approval.

Funding for a smelter would have to come from the Commonwealth's Future Fund, venture capital (Macquarie ? ) and eventually a public float I expect. Malinauskas will love having his photo taken next to the model, and the federal government would spin it under "sovereign capability" which means it has to be majority Australian owned I expect. Ultimately, we need Australian industry to consume the copper as well. I wonder if the country is a net importer or exporter of refined copper at present ( I think there are three operating refineries).

(Sorry - I only get here 2 or three times a week, so there are several conversations intertwined)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RXM (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.