RXM 2.97% 26.0¢ rex minerals limited

Google was predicting 46/8/46 % for an Australian win, draw, or...

1. 390 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 597
    Google was predicting 46/8/46 % for an Australian win, draw, or England win before the start of play. I thought it was incredibly optimistic and didn't give us a chance. I'm glad I was wrong.

I mentioned Hillside on another HC forum a few days ago. A reasonable-sounding objection was that every mid tier miner imaginable had kicked the tyres and passed on the project. You have to wonder why it hasn't been snapped up. It was also mentioned that the rehabilitation terms for Hillside are incredibly onerous. Mine rehabilitation is a very long way off into the future.

I lack the knowledge to have an opinion on this. I was making the point that Hillside's proposed annual copper output was on-par with the currently-for-sale, in production Khoemacao in Botswana -- without the sovereign risk. I wondered why a company wouldn't simply buy Hillside and develop it by 2025/26 without spending more in Africa.

"Opposition from locals" on the Yorke Peninsula was also mentioned, which was news to me. I haven't heard talk of that.

What's your thoughts?

My view is that even if others have had doubts about the project, at some point (in a looming copper shortage crisis / decarbonisation demand) the positives (in SA, close to infrastructure, fully permitted, 15 years of development) will make the mine compelling and inevitable. All the hard work is already done.

I imagine that when a company takes over the likes of Rex or Hillside, they're not just buying future X thousand tonnes of copper concentrate and revenue. They're also buying/bypassing years and years of hard work, cap raises, permitting, drilling, opportunity cost that they can avoid, etc.

Anyway, hopefully we are full steam ahead developing this ourselves and just weeks/a few months away from big, positive news.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RXM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
26.0¢
Change
0.008(2.97%)
Mkt cap ! $199.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
25.5¢ 26.0¢ 25.5¢ $100.8K 391.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 100000 26.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
26.5¢ 275051 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.56pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RXM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.