RXM 0.00% 44.0¢ rex minerals limited

I suspect a lot of the articles written on the Stoc k Hea d and...

1. 392 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 601
    I suspect a lot of the articles written on the Stoc k Hea d and Small Caps websites (and Barry's excellent articles are also on Liv e Wire) aren't strictly-speaking paid-for by the companies featured.....but the articles always seem to reference companies which are paid advertisers to the website. So there's some indirect quid pro quo happening. Perhaps a subtle nod given that being a financial supporter of the site will mean greater attention for the listed company in any articles produced. I do not know this to be true, but the disclaimers at the bottom of such articles usually alludes to this. Yes, it's funny RXM is rarely featured. Maybe RL and team feel money is better spent on Hillside rather than in drumming-up short term share price hype. Whenever a metal is written about, it's the same few companies mentioned, along with the disclaimer at the bottom which mentions 80-90% of the companies listed are advertisers.

You mentioned CVV and I fully agree with you about their grades (0.25 from memory). The lower you go, the more earth you have to move. This takes energy (fuel, manpower, equipment and expense) and makes recovery of the copper uneconomical, unless copper is at a very high price. You can't fight the physics and the economics unfortunately. The office cleaner at CVV knows more about mining than I do, and management seems to think the project will work, so who am I to say it won't. But I share your doubts and like you, I couldn't get past those low grades. They are way behind us in the permitting process too -- just because they're at an earlier stage. And have less access to existing infrastructure. Like Chalice, it's just too far into the distance to be of interest to me.

I don't know anything about Hot Chili except that from memory it's abroad, so it's off my radar. I've looked at Coda a few times and like how they share our Gawler Crayton / SA jurisdiction. It's very small and speculative though.

I am surprised HMX was mentioned. It probably gives away the game in regards to my first paragraph. Unless I am confused, Carnaby (CNB) has a superior, adjacent holding to HMX of high grade copper in north-west Queensland. There have been rumours (pipedreams maybe) of Hammer being acquired by the larger Carnaby. If this wasn't the Rex forum page, of course, I would also be eagerly awaiting @arsenic 's opinion One blink for yes, two for no, okay?! Haha!!!

I am also curious, arsenic, you have mentioned before about living in west Perth. From what I understand, it's the mining headquarters of Australia with lots of ASX listed miners being based there. As someone who has never visited Perth, I am curious to know what it's like to drive through that area? Do you notice signage everywhere for familiar big and small ASX miners and mining logistics companies; or not really? I think I'd get a real thrill out of seeing that if it's like I imagine.

Specifically in regards to Rex, I think we have a conference presentation coming up in the next week or two; unless I am thinking of another small miner I have an interest in. The Stage 3 part of our development plan is exciting. And I wonder what the chances are of a major announcement on either Hillside or Hog's Breath before Christmas? I'd almost reckon we're at least a silly chance given the state of play of both projects. Either a funding decision on Hillside, or a definitive update about the gold project. Like others, I was disappointed at the cap raise, but like arsenic, I was encouraged by how small it was. They probably could have raised a lot more money. The fact they did not, could suggest the team felt they're almost at the finish line and just needed a few million to get there. Or not. What I do know is the moment I sell in frustration, positive major announcements will start to appear.

I wonder what this hard-to-please market is looking for and what type of announcement would see us re-rated as a legitimate near-term miner.

Macquarie (recent) and Morgans (a little dated -- March 2023) seem keen:

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5573/5573974-f772d7db5daa09f0ec232d368bd24388.jpg

Here's hoping for a good week of RXM announcements. I don't really care what the share price does over the next five days (within reason!).
    Last edited by desertredlion: Grammar 11/09/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RXM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
44.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $337.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
44.0¢ 44.5¢ 43.5¢ $488.0K 1.109M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 159571 44.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
44.5¢ 1546155 26
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RXM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.