HLF 0.00% 0.7¢ halo food co. limited

Who is participating in the SPP?, page-231

1. 650 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 207
    RR, I appreciate your comments. Keep in mind though, that my piece was written to outline what is bad with HLF. This way, it is more understandable why the SP has corroded so much.

Just on the point of EBITDA; here is T.E.P.'s graph:

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4176/4176186-777bd5d7d6088b5690fb03c050199801.jpg
    5 mio EBITDA for this FY (ending March 22), not next FY. On the point whether I am being 'light' on EBITDA, I point you to a post from Valuesearch:

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4176/4176207-68588012a8e46b46b64aeca61a2c3995.jpg
    As per 30 September EBITDA was negative to the tune o 737k. Turning this around to an EBITDA 5m within 6 months is not light, but rather optimistic.

Why would you purchase the stock when the hype is at it's highest? If HLF posts an EBITDA of $10m plus next May 2023 I'd say there is a good chance that "fizz" will start to return and pump the share price and if it does, that's when I would start to lighten my holdings.

I didn't propose to buy shares at the highest - and no one would do that in their right mind. I was pointing out that the market is not prepared to pay a premium for HLF, it's more like a 'discount' as the dairy space currently (and perhaps for a foreseeable future) is viewed as little growth (birthrates here and China), hence lacking "fizz". It's just jargon. There is a 'discount' applied to HLF that drives the valuation down.

You "batted away" all of my points of consideration, but taking a benign - optimistic - view on those points does not explain the SP decay. If the SP would have moved up - say to 15 cents - I would be fully with you and say all your points hold true.. But it didn't and therein lies the dilemma.

I say your are entitled to these points of as a holder and you will make a ton of money if you are right. - Just currently, the market doesn't see it (and nor did Bergen when they sold out at 10 cents - 33% above current SH. There is only one way out: You have a better insight than the sellers. Time will tell.

BTW, I don't want a slinging match here about this and that conjecture; I wish you are / were right ... and I make money too.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HLF (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.