HLF 0.00% 0.7¢ halo food co. limited

Kass93, I believe with regards to directors, there is a number...

1. 633 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 207
    Kass93, I believe with regards to directors, there is a number of aspects:

1. The director represents are shareholding of the company. He knows little about the operational details of milk and powders, he is just there to watch over the investment. Once the large part of the ownership is sold, he's out the door, coz what is he contributing? Thoughts? So, in our case, Mr. Clisdell out and Ms Klose in, as she knows a thing or two about SaaS and digital marketing. So, the BOD change is a good thing.
    2. The director is knowledgeable in areas that are crucial to the business, hence Ms Klose in.
    3. In the case of Mr Nudel, I don't know the details, but purely speculate there can only be one king, and that is Mr Rotman. Besides, Omniblend had its own problems; and his departure presented savings. Don't know about Mr Ashley.
    4. In large companies, you will find 'rubber stamp directors'; they make up the numbers, they are not to interfere with the shenanigans of CEO and chairman, they are just there to sign off. You'll find that they hang around for 3 to 8 years and then journey on to another big company, having proven that they are not a problem (by asking too many detailed questions).
    5. If a well respected director suddenly resigns, then, that is a warning sign. A classical example was the resignation of Mr Mckeon from AMP in 2016 (check the chart of AMP since 2016)

With regards to Ms Allen (she is not a member of the BOD), I hope she can work well the Ms Klose. It is well possible that Ms Allen leaves in three years, but by then - given past growth rates - the company should be much bigger (and I stress, this scenario is for the believers.)

To me, it looks that HLF had no other choice but doing this, and they did it poorly.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HLF (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.