Who is the Australian PM?, page-15

1. 3,133 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 96
    Heart in the right place was an overall comment and while I never met Abbott - reports are that he is a good bloke. I think Abbott was trying to do the best as he saw it, as was Newman, however they made mistakes, didn't get the people on side and tried to ram too much through too quickly. I agree that the first budget was seen as hitting the poor more than the well off in several areas.
    I am happy to and do pay my fair share of tax, give some to charity and give some time as well. I posted too that I would also be happy to pay some additional tax when the plan was put about to tax in retirement those that had excessive income from super. If you have a large SMSF and property portfolio and you worked for it/earned it and sacrificed other things to have be comfortable in retirement, then I don't think you should have any government taking more from you (when they have already taxed and will already tax multiple times in multiple ways to provide) a lifestyle for others who have yet to do the hard yards or who have in one way or another squandered. I also don't like the fact that many people arrange their affairs so as to qualify for cash benefits that they do not really need. I could but don't do this (also never taken the dole, never taken the pension) but there are many who do and there are too many ways to 'qualify' for benefits one does not need.
    Benefits should be for those in real need, to sustain in down times, and to provide general school education, basic health care and aged care. I think if the waste was cut out and the culture where people expect government money was removed we would all be better off even those who scream the loudest that the current level of benefits are not enough.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.