NST 1.14% $15.97 northern star resources ltd

who is the cheapest producer of gold in aust, page-7

1. 34,207 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1893
    NST look to have put in development drives that are about 100 metres below where they are currently stoping , so they could just drill blast and bog out ore for a year before needing to start again with development of drives and decline

That would make there mine costs guessing about half what they are currently and total OPEX per ounce about 75% of what currently if they had to contend with a lower POG.
    In a way having developed so far ahead of themselves is a form of gold hedge.

Also by developing the wide drives and decline ahead of themselves they have taken out the lowest grade ore and the high grade ore from imminent vertical long hole stoping is just "hanging" there waiting to be picked off with the jumbo.

THe downside with not putting in developemnt is productiveity would eventually decrease as less stopes are available at any one time to be worked.

just my opinion and not a mine engineer there is a lot to like here even if I have had to sell a swag of shares in this.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NST (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.