BGD 1.75% 29.0¢ barton gold holdings limited

Hey @chicodechico OK but it's probably wise to not over react to...

1. 30,133 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1782
    Hey @chicodechico

OK but it's probably wise to not over react to appearances, but keep asking questions and do it with an open mind while you build a picture incrementally, and keep looking for distinguishing features.

Just some limited profit-taking there I would imagine.

Some want to pay off their personal mortgages?

Under the Corporations law there are only small windows when this selling can happen with Directors, which I interpret to mean nothing of substance is unknown to the market right now.

On balance I don't regard it as a negative at all. Arguably it's the reverse.

As a general statement, minimising any debt right now is smart IMO because the overall and inexorable movement of interest rates has to be upwards. Governments react to pressures, not necessarily problems.
    Some of these are largely beyond their power. Despite all the sturm und drang, high interest rates are to attract investment to fund operations.
    When you're talking squillions of dollars in government or private debt, this is an immovable fact. These are extremely interesting times geopolitically and economically and in particular with currencies and what underpins them. I find it very challenging to get a handle* on them because so much is happening in so many environments and it's hard to pin a time when it has been as intense or as extreme. Much of it is below the surface of course.

So when you take all of the factors about BGD into account, most notably their recent Anns, assets, strategy and business plan and avoiding dilution by near self funding operations by using existing infrastructure including a mill (with minor upgrades) reworking stockpiles to extract gold, expanding known resources with strategic drill program, re-establishing a gold province in the region etc etc. There is a blueprint they are following, it's in the presos.

As others point out in the huge gap between gold price and the gold explorer/producers sector, the latter is vastly undervalued.

It's difficult to not be impressed with the calibre of BGD management and the collective depth of knowledge.

JIMO. DYOR. And that's a mantra.

* In the face of such interesting times, some like to keep it simple and just follow the money.
    In that case perhaps look at the holders of BGD and you will find a lot of smart money. Instos, funds etc. They have done their macro analysis of the highly complex macro risks and they have also run the ruler over BGD.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BGD (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
29.0¢
Change
0.005(1.75%)
Mkt cap ! $63.35M
Open High Low Value Volume
28.5¢ 29.0¢ 27.8¢ $103.3K 363.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 53600 27.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
29.0¢ 209825 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
28.5¢
  Change
0.005 ( 3.94 %)
Open High Low Volume
28.0¢ 29.0¢ 28.0¢ 98004
Last updated 15.32pm 26/04/2024 ?
BGD (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.