LYC 1.32% $6.90 lynas rare earths limited

Who knows

1. 1,247 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 433
    The surprise resignation of Eric Noyrez as the CEO has dented the confidence in the company, I agree.
    The appointment of Amanda Lacaze is a good move for marketing and financial restructuring of the company, I agree.
    Eric has done a good job to get the LAMP up and running, I agree.
    Eric could have done more to speed up the development of the LAMP , maybe.

What is been missing in the recent discussion of all of the above, is the fact that Lynas is in the middle of refinancing.
    Lynas may be under pressure from Nomura to change the CEO to reflect the new stage that Lynas is about to enter.

Having heard from the company announcement that they are on track to achieve the 11000 run rate, it is an indication to move to the second stage of marketing the products to achieve positive cash flow. At this point of time, it may have been the work of Nomura to suggest, the change of CEO to bring someone like Amanda with a lot of experience in the marketing and finance. If that was the case, then it is very positive news and an indication of positive agreement to buy the Sojitz loan and defer the payment to 2016.

The share price is in a down trend because of the surprise departure of Eric, however, we should not forget about the SMSL's threat of mass protest on the 22nd of June as previously announced by the group in January 2014.
    Also, history tells us that whenever a company negotiating their debts or about to make an important announcement, there is a sell off to scare the softies.
    After all, who knows and within the next two weeks, there are plenty of news to be revealed.
    I am still accumulating around this level.

These are my thoughts and my own opinions and they are not an investment advice.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.90
Change
0.090(1.32%)
Mkt cap ! $6.449B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.94 $6.95 $6.79 $17.23M 2.502M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 20 $6.88

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.90 970 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 22/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.