RYG 0.00% 3.3¢ raya group limited

Aha, thanks Aarems. After a bit of thinking I came to your...

1. 111 Posts.
    Aha, thanks Aarems. After a bit of thinking I came to your conclusion, but you're faster than me.

Well, the Xped website probably explains it all. But in a nutshell.....Xped has been working on the IOT - Internet of Things. Ghastly name, but it means the intelligent connectivity of devices. In the future we will all have a large number of IOT connected devices in our homes (from power switches to lighting to white goods etc etc). In a sense it's extending what we have in our current wifi networks for computers and printers to any or all electrically connected devices. What Xped have created is a means of communicating between these devices that's very secure (really important, and overlooked by many groups in the field) and relatively easy to create and manage. They have a good patent portfolio, and it looks to me as if they have something quite novel. The management of Xped have self funded to the tune of over $6M, so their commitment is large.

Since it's a market that will in future be worth hundreds of billions worldwide, there are lots of major competitors, who are themselves worth billions. So the big question is whether a small Aussie group with some real innovation can make a mark, and/or be gobbled up eventually by the big boys. Will be an interesting journey that's for sure. There are certainly risks, as history is marked with small groups with really innovative tech who have just been swamped by major competitors. But for me it was a risk worth investing in a year ago, and I'm happy to stay on the ride to see what shakes out. Chances of success?? Um, I'll pass on that one. Certainly not 100% and not 1% - somewhere in between!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RYG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.