BUD 0.00% 0.6¢ buddy technologies ltd

Who owns a LIFX bulb/product, page-21

1. 3,769 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1149
    I have 24 LifX globes and in total 47 IOT devices including sensors, cameras, Sonos and Echo devices.

My house is run with voice control and I can light any room or outdoor area with a single command through Alexa or Siri. I use IFTTT to automate things such as turning lights on as I approach the house at night. I also have some Homekit routines and Siri is able to control things from my Ute via Carplay.

When I am away on holidays or just for a weekend I can control the lights to make it look like I am at home or set up routines to do it for me. For instance....in winter..on days when I am up early for work my alarm goes off at 4:30am...this triggers my bedside light to slowly get brighter over the next 10 mins plus the kitchen light comes on and my office lights and heater automatically turn on. So I can make a cup of tea and walk straight into my home office and it is warm and toasty. I have a lot of other routines which I am happy to share if people are interested...I won't bore you with them here now. But I will say once you start to automate things it is hard to remember when you didn't have it in place.

I have one friend who also has LifX globes.

I believe it is still quite niche but it is becoming a growing trend. Once we see new houses built with more smart capabilities built in to them.....then it will take off at a greater speed.

I have had LifX lights since they were a startup...and never had one "blow" or go faulty on me. I still have 1 original series 1 globe in my garage.....still running perfectly.

The most compelling reasons to install smart lights is their lifespan and the total cost of ownership.....they costs nothing to run...literally cents per month and have a 20 year lifespan. There is plenty of info on the internet about their running costs.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BUD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.