Devon sandwiches at 12 o'clock on a Saturday watching World...

1. 1,109 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3

Devon sandwiches at 12 o'clock on a Saturday watching World Championship Wrestling on chanel 9.

My dad took my sister and I to the old Sydney Stadium for my 11th birthday in 1968. Larry O'deay got taken to hospital after Brute Bernard bit him on the head during a tag team match and Mario Milano spun the mask around on one of the masked baddies of the day and fair wacked him in the face. Always remember that white mask with a big red patch of blood in the middle. Wooden planks for seating.

A few years later the wrestling started to lose fans so they started touring regional towns to promote the game. All the big names of the time were coming to the next town where I now lived...... Was pulling petrol one Saturday morning and who should pull in for petrol in a Ford Fairlane but 2 of the goodies and 2 of the baddies of the day...... In the same car forchrissake..... I was shattered..boo hoo. Great memories though.

P.S... Saw a pic in the Telegraph once of Sam Manacker ripping a Sydney phone book in half...... Fair Dinkum....

Last edited by miksaw: 14/05/19

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.