who said we had a deal with mitsubishi, page-24

1. 1,528 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 25
    Look I am not a tech head and if there is someone here that has really dealt with this kind of tech before please correct me, however in having a quick read of the Coherent web site I believe that their tech for laser is very different. I mean for a start they talk about having to use heat reduction in some of their large laser display setups.
    ARR's tech gets around that and is one of the major points of differentitaion when compared to the current display systems used in cinemas today. (along with significantly better quality)

Also in looking through Coherents web site they seem to be primarily focused on medical and industrial uses (huge market obviously and something that ARR havent even looked at YET...)

Coherent do appear to have alot of cash and some great products however they dont appear to have the same laser tv tech or IP. Please as pointed out above I am not a huge techy or engineer so if someone who is reads this please correct me if I am wrong.

Glotch your use of ALL is a bit strong there being 2 years in front of the pack doesnt necesarilly translate into being the only one in the market place. I dont believe that there is a better or cheaper light source but there may be other light sources out there. I dont believe that anyone has the manufacturing capability to compete with us or the capital (due to the JV).
    I think you will find Glotch that almost all of the major TV brands now get things made in China, under license. I believe that their production quality has increased dramatically in recent times.
    I used to be a huge sony/technics etc fanboy because it was all made in Japan. Guess what its now all made in China. Japan lost out as manufacturing costs soared.

All just my own thoughts please DYOR

PS not a bad day for ARR given the market today???

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.