CCU 0.00% 5.8¢ cobar consolidated resources limited

We must be pretty close to "too late to do a capital raise in...

1. 1,151 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1186
    We must be pretty close to "too late to do a capital raise in time for the 31-Dec debt repayments" .... so here's one out of left field ....

It might be that CCU Management and Magna have thrown a big dummy by increasing the equity-issue headroom to 25%. In doing so, they have led shareholders to believe that another Magna-underwritten share issue is the solution to the imminent cashflow problem. As time ticks by, it becomes too late to complete this in time, and the SP continues to drift down. Without an announcement, we could be looking at a SP of sub 5c by this time next week.

Magna then announces a takeover at 10cps. CCU management extol the virtues of such a takeover, after all "they have achieved a takeover price at a 100% premium!" and recommend that shareholders accept.

Magna pays out the CBA and end up owning all of CCU for effectively the same price as it was going to pay for less than 100% of CCU (remember, just a couple of weeks ago, the SP was 13-14c, and the likely underwritten share issue was going to be done around 10c).

Magna's happy. CCU Management are delighted (they all get to keep their jobs and no more pesky shareholders asking questions), and shareholders are made to believe that they have made the best of a bad situation.

We'll hear all about the price of silver and how this is out of management's control .... conveniently forgetting that the economics of the mine was originally done at a production cost of $10-12/oz when the POS was $18/oz and had CCU achieved nameplate capacity (even within 18 months of the advertised target date), there would never have been a cashflow problem.

And if this conspiracy turns out to be true, I'll let you know who shot JFK ...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CCU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.