who thinks this should happen, page-17

1. 1,378 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 12
    In actual fact smoking related disease, smoking related financial stress and rehabilitation is extimated to cost the taxpayer MORE than what the government make from ciggy taxes. This information is freely available. The current government initiative on smoking IS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE HOWARD GOVERNMENT'S National Tobacco Strategy 2004-2009 which I have a hard copy of but which I am sure will be freely available on the net somewhere.

Inward looking people seem to forget also that there is a large chunk of the population that don't earn much but also spend a lot of ciggy's AND in a lot of cases using their own childrens lungs as air filters. In future these children are more likely to develop cancers or heart disease due to the negligence of their parents.

I have never smoked, I played AFL at a competetive level until I was 42yo. I run, eat well and have been fit all my life. I am now 45, a few months ago I suffered a heart attack. I have only one pre-cursor to heart disease. Passive smoking. My Father has emphysema. I don't blame him of course, we didn't know that then. Dad gave up smoking over 10 years ago but tobacco companies don't want you to know the facts, they are just like CSR with Wittenoom. If I wanted to talk to Dad I had to inhale 2nd hand smoke. My Cardiologist says it wasn't bad luck as research shows there is an increased liklihood that children of smokers get heart disease. Don't play Russian roulette with your child's future.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.