"my cousin runs a hedge fund, hes ex goldman sachs...he raised...

1. 16,402 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7961
    "my cousin runs a hedge fund, hes ex goldman sachs...he raised 1.3 bill about 2 years ago in 24 hours, he takes a 2% fee and 40% of any profits.
    Hes lost 300 mill so far and been paid 50 mill for it.
    Hes previous track record was good at goldmans and i think tribeca""

You cite one example of something, but one example doesn't prove anything. If he is a good manager his performance will recover. If not then he will lose all his clients.

I know of many investment managers who are highly competent and remunerated accordingly.

"There is no evidence that improving ceos pay by whatever it is 5000% has increased companies productivity."

So much unsubstantiated presumption; my lived experience is the exact opposite.

I own shares in companies like ARB, AUB, BRG, CAR, DDR, DTL, REA, REH, RMD, SDF, SNL, WES.

I've spend more than 2 decades as a shareholder of those companies. The wealth those companies have created for their owners is remarkable. One of the common denominators across all those businesses: truly smart and visionary managers, ones who have demonstrated visionary ability.

As a shareholder, am I happy for them to be handsomely rewarded?

Absolutely happy for it given their demonstrated expertise and the results they deliver for me.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.