"if the govt has increased the wealth of all Australians should...

1. 16,402 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7961
    "if the govt has increased the wealth of all Australians should they not be paid more?"
    "Why shouldn’t we incentivise the leaders of our country on metrics like individual wealth , environment outcomes, a happiness index. "

Maybe. But aren't politicians already mandated to deliver those sorts of societal KPIs anyway.

Besides, I won't hold my breath think financial incentives will have any impacy, because of my innate distrust of the competence of the plutocracy (of all shapes and hues) in being able to deliver desired KPIs, and the inability to apportion governance and accountability.

"If we took just the pay of maquarie 2ic we could double the pay or give bonusses of double to every politician
    Would this not be a better outcome for you?

Sure.

A lot better than seeking to regulate the private arrangement between owners of private capital and the managers they appoint to manage their capital.

But in that case, we're entering the realm of personal income tax structures, and if governments want to levy taxes on what they think are super-normal salaries then they are free to do so already.

But then presumably will that apply to self-employed individuals, too?
    And to partnerships and highly successful small businesses?

In which case, you have to ask yourself why it hasn't it been done already.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.