Sarcophagus I doubt you agree entirely with Krishnamurti because...

1. 37,911 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 828
    Sarcophagus

I doubt you agree entirely with Krishnamurti because KM holds "becoming" is something mental, such as "becoming mad", "becoming sad", "becoming a wife", "becoming a husband", "becoming a father, a mother, a lawyer, a trader", etc

Physical birth is not becoming. But 'identifying' with physical birth is becoming. Identifying 'I am this body', 'I am this mind', is becoming. KM has this view

As for reincarnation or rebirth, it is the same thing in essense. Hindus believe the soul (atman) is reincarnated into another body. Buddhists believe a person's karma produces rebirth. It is essentially the same superstitious sentiment, regardless of the terminology used. Whether a Hindu ends their reincarnation cycles via merging with Paramatman, Brahma, whatever, or whether a Buddhist after trillions of lifetimes finishes it all in Nirvana, it is the same superstitious sentiment, regardless of the terminology used.

I said nothing about a "you" inherently existing. I referred to "identity". Is your sense of identity today the same as it was when you were 5 years old? No. Identity also changes.

Mental tendencies, as I thoroughly explained to you, are not separate from the physical body. The mental tendency to experience pleasure or for sex is related to the physical body. For example, if dogs are too horny, sometimes the vet will cut their testicles off.

There can be no physical separation from the physical form. No matter what mental experiences your friend has had, they are based in having a physical body. When your friend's physical body ends, their mental experiences will end.

I have read enough Hinduism about siddhis. Your friend is beguiled and confused

Btw, your friend sounds like a guru brainwashing you.

Best wishes, ending your mind's suffering dude

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.