SYR 2.38% 20.5¢ syrah resources limited

who will acquire SYR and what price will Aus Super let it go for, page-323

1. 7,103 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1310
    Agreed, the EV revolution hasn't happened here yet. Or globally yet. I believe it has started in China though - they want to get in front so they are biting the bullet moving fast. That is the impetus for the rest of the world to start moving fast I reckon.

If ICEs were manufactured at the volumes that EVs are they would be expensive as also. I haven't read much on subsidies being pulled by Governments yet (maybe they have?) but they all have limits. The subsidies are put in place to make the purchase to the consumer attractive (versus the alternative - ICEs). Of course if the subsidies are removed then the price makes ICEs more attractive. Now.

This changes when volume of EVs increase, match then surpass ICEs. After that ICEs are the more expensive option. Economies of scale.

When? I think enough is happening that it is sooner rather than later. When? I don't know and I don't think anyone does.

China has started in earnest. The USA has started but yet to go to second gear - If/when that happens it will be on like Donkey Kong. I think Europe want to hold onto ICEs for as long as they can and won't ever push the envelope in large volume - their noise comes through green decisions. The EV thing will go off on the back of $$$$$$$

One of the two nutcases (Musk and Trump) might be tweeting something now?
    Last edited by Pledge: 22/08/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
20.5¢
Change
-0.005(2.38%)
Mkt cap ! $212.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
20.0¢ 21.0¢ 19.8¢ $843.2K 4.160M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
15 332339 20.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
21.0¢ 157107 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.