CTP 2.04% 4.8¢ central petroleum limited

Who Will Compete With CTP For Pipe Capacity?, page-69

1. 354 Posts.
    Hi All

I asked "Who will compete with CTP for pipe capacity?" The discussion ebbed and flowed over a couple of suggestions, and lingered over some tangential debates, but really there was only one seriously argued candidate and that was ENI (nominated by old cod). However I believe that I have convincingly eliminated ENI as a possibility (see my earlier posts on this thread). So the combined mental energies of all posters seems to indicate that CTP will not have to fight any other contender for pipeline capacity.

How nice it was then to see our managing director's statement, in his letter to shareholders of 15 April, 2016, as follows:

"Recent political debate about a moratorium being imposed on CSG and shale gas exploration in the NT makes it unlikely that alternative gas suppliers will emerge to fill this uncontracted capacity by the time the interconnect is commissioned in late 2018."

Mr Cottee was referring to the pipeline's uncommitted capacity of 22 PJ pa. So that is all for us. At $3 million per PJ that's a likely annual revenue of $66 million on top of our already established income of $27 million approximately.

I think we can declare this thread closed!

Happy days! GLTA.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.