AMP 0.46% $1.09 amp limited

Who Would Oppose AMP Insurance Sale?, page-2

1. 906 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 306
    Further to my first post, this opinion piece in the AFR makes the point perfectly:

"Whatever level of protest Murray faces at the annual meeting, this transaction [i.e. sale of insurance arm] can't be undone. So voting out the new chairman and perhaps the rest of the board would, arguably, only create more headaches. Because who would replace him? And what would their strategy be? Would the new chief executive work happily with a new appointment?"

The journalist also points out:

"But because of the large number of retail investors who often don't vote, it may take only 28 per cent of the register to vote Mr Murray down, according to one analyst."

So to all the AMP shareholders in this forum, this year's annual meeting is one year where you have to vote! To protect your investment, you have to vote. Only 55% of the share register voted last year. If the same happens again this year, only 28 per cent of the register could vote Mr Murray out.

Retail investor votes matter!

The full AFR opinion piece is here:

https://www.copyright link/business/amp-investor-backlash-marks-new-level-of-aggression-20190124-h1agcd
    Last edited by jdon: 25/01/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AMP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.09
Change
0.005(0.46%)
Mkt cap ! $2.860B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.10 $1.10 $1.09 $6.516M 5.973M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 771452 $1.09

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.09 62091 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AMP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.