whos buying a new commodore?, page-2

1. 2,496 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 146
    Not too sure what you are hinting at there, if you mean front wheel drive, well I guess there were a few FXs in every day use in the '60s when Alex Issigonis's little masterpiece reached our shores. I hardly think that was what GMH were referring too when they spoke about new technology in the next Commodore.

Sales wise they will do about 2000 a month which will easily keep them in the top 10 unless GMH drop the ball on the NVH, durability or pricing which is unlikely, they have had some practice in those departments. A halo model with a tweaked V6 and all wheel drive will attract some attention and create the bit of image that all brands need but there is no chance that it will convert anyone lusting after a 6 litre Chev and RWD.

Personally I will be grabbing a VF Police car which will keep me going till the autonomous electric shoeboxes are common. We racked up over 450 000km on a VS over 10 years after the boys in blue had run it in for us and now we have 480 000km over 12 years on a VY police special with out missing a beat. So long as you are happy with a nice safe Heron white they go for not much more than 1/2 new price with plenty of warranty still to run.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.