SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

Grant - not disagreeing with what you say, but a simpler view...

1. 694 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 43
    Grant - not disagreeing with what you say, but a simpler view would be this:

If, as at 23 Feb:

- there is an in principal agreement between management and auditor to make a significant ("material") write down to intangibles or something similar (eg change to WIP) in the half year results; and

- the figure is not yet finalised and has not yet been approved by the board, so cannot be announced (see wording "certain material items in the half year results which are not yet finalised" and "not in a position to make an announcement until that work is concluded" etc)

then the market would have been trading on an uninformed basis on 24 feb, and they have to suspend or halt pending the announcement.

In the current situation they are rolling the announcement into the half year results.

Just my opinion - but I don't think a large write down (even $500M) will impact the SP much except maybe in the short term, because the market has already written that off.

More important is the operating cash flow. They have to get to plus $100M or more pa before interest charges very quickly otherwise it will have an unhappy ending .....

Your suggested opex cuts should have already been started by now.
    Last edited by mike8654: 25/02/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.